POSITION: Part-Time Event Staff
REPORTS TO: Event Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Part Time Event Staff at the Shreveport Convention Center. The Event Staff performs various duties in connection with scheduled events.
- Serve as ticket taker and/or usher distributing programs and escorting patrons to their appropriate seats.
- Assist with last minute pre-event needs, such as setting-up, decorating, finding materials, etc.
- Provide special accommodations for wheelchairs and other physically handicapped patrons, senior citizens, students and groups.
- Act as a parking attendant, directing traffic, and watching over lot to ensure security.
During day-to-day operations, provide information and assisting visitors and patrons.
- Work extended or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- High School diploma or GED and one to three months related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.